Student Registration V8
CW Academy offers four levels of classes based upon operator CW proficiency: Beginner, Fundamental (formerly Basic), Intermediate or Advanced.
- The Beginner level, as the name implies, is for people who have little or no Morse code knowledge. Choose the Beginner class if that is your situation
- The Fundamental class is for people who have learned the Morse code characters and are capable of sending and receiving CW at about 6 words per minute and wish to increase that capability to about 12 words per minute
- The Intermediate class is for people who are capable of sending and receiving Morse code at a minimum of 10 words per minute and wish to increase that capability to about 20 words per minute
- The Advanced class is for people who are capable of sending and receiving Morse code at a minimum of 20 words per minute and wish to increase that capability to about 30 words per minute
Classes at the CW Academy are free of charge. The advisors and staff are a volunteers who have a passion for CW. Classes are eight weeks long and held in January - February, May - June, and September - October. Classes meet twice a week for about an hour. Between classes the students have daily homework assignments which will take about an hour to complete.
- High speed broadband internet access
- Computing device (desktop, laptop)
- Webcam (camera, microphone) either built-in or USB add-on
- Key paddle (single lever or dual lever. Straight keys or Bugs are not allowed)
- Keyer with sidetone or radio with built-in keyer and sidetone
- Comfortable understanding and speaking the English language unless previous arrangements have been made
To get started, please enter your call sign (or your last name if you do not have a call sign) and select the class level you are considering. Note: call sign may not include a space, hyphen, or a slash
V8. Prepared at 2023-09-24 06:05:41
Report pass 100 took 0.0000 seconds to run